Snapp is the pioneer provider of ride-hailing mobile solutions in Iran that connects smartphone owners in need of a ride to Snapp drivers who use their private cars offering transportation services. We are ambitious, passionate, engaged, and excited about pushing the boundaries of the transportation industry to new frontiers and be the first choice of each user in Iran.
About the Team
DevOps Team includes collaborative members trying to design, automate and implement services and infrastructure which increase the speed and quality of software deployment. Developer experience is at the forefront of everything we do. We also maintain services used to expose applications to end users, such as Continuous Integration and Deployment, managing load balancers, API gateways, and CDNs. Working with tools and state-of-the-art technologies, in addition to developing ones, are examples of approaches to achieve these goals.
About the Role
We involve each of our team members in distinct tasks, expand learning opportunities, and avoid making services dependent on a specific person. Therefore, you will have the chance to work with a wide range of services and gain experience while doing different tasks.
Our team has an on-boarding program and will help you adapt to new situations. The team also constantly embraces new ideas and thoughts.
The routine tasks in the team include:
- Scripting and Programming
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Design and Implement Infrastructure Automation
- Support Development Teams
- Great understanding of Linux administration.
- Experience with debugging for the different OSI layers.
- Familiar with container orchestration using Kubernetes and Docker.
- Familiar with at least one high-level programming language (Python/Bash).
- Create and manage GitLab pipelines for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Sufficient understanding of web servers and load balancers such as Nginx and HAProxy.
- Ensure high availability and scalability of the infrastructure, including implementing auto-scaling, load balancing, and failover mechanisms.
- Familiar with logging, monitoring, and error reporting solutions such as ELK stack, Prometheus, Grafana, and Sentry.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues.
- Analytical-thinking capabilities.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and technologies related to DevOps.
- Willingness to help, spread motivation, and bring team spirit and flexibility.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure-as-code using tools such as Terraform, and Ansible.
- Familiar with Public Cloud providers such as AWS and GCP.
- Familiar with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and ClickHouse.
- Familiar with secret management, service mesh/discovery tools such as HashiCorp Vault and Consul, etc.
- Maintain and implement Redis Replication and Redis Cluster configurations.
- Familiar with message brokers such as Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Great communication skills with team members.
OpenShift, Terraform, Vault, Consul, GitLab CI, Ansible, Golang, Python, Nginx, HAProxy, Redis, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK.