Snapp is the pioneer provider of ride-hailing mobile solutions in Iran that connects smartphone owners in need of a ride to Snapp drivers who use their private cars offering transportation services. We are ambitious, passionate, engaged, and excited about pushing the boundaries of the transportation industry to new frontiers and be the first choice of each user in Iran.
- Works closely with the Agile coach to align with the agile principles and KPIs expected from the organization
- Guides the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Supports Agile thinking as the norm and help foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Organizes and facilitates work planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, grooming, and release planning
- Coaches team members and stakeholders in preparation for Scrum ceremonies and events
- Coaches team in Agile estimation techniques, makes appropriate and realistic commitments, and works closely with TPMs
- Helps to Create the product roadmap, coaches the writing of value-driven user stories, features, and epics, and maintains a well-defined backlog
- Provides regular feedback to the Agile Transformation Team (ATT) about new insights and lessons learned from team experiences
- Embraces servant leadership and displays behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being Agile
- Keeps informed and educated about industry trends concerning Agile methodologies
- Drives improvement in team key performance indicators
- Communicates status, issues, and defined KPIs to stakeholders and varying levels of the organization
- Ensures that our ways of working are consistent across the teams
- Takes responsibility for managing dependencies between our team and third parties, or between our team and other scrum teams
- Guides the team on how to get the most of out self-organization.
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, product-centric environment
- 3-5 years of experience in any part of the software development lifecycle – as developer, tester, analyst, product owner, project/program manager, etc
- Deep knowledge of XP, Kanban, and Scrum
- Strong working knowledge of Agile techniques: User Stories, DevOps, Continuous Integration, Test-driven Development, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Flow Metrics, etc
- Good English skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Agile teachings, approaches, and behaviors, with the ability to help teams as well as the wider organization to address dysfunctions that may result in teams misinterpreting, ignoring, or rejecting Agile values and principles
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, Industrial Engineering (or equivalent experience)