About Snapp Box
Snappbox is a disruptive on-demand urban delivery platform in Iran, connecting any business with the largest fleet of delivery men in the country
Only a few companies have access to high-quality and low-cost last-mile delivery. At the same time, many bikers would like to work more but can’t find customers
We want to change this forever through smart technologies and new standards of operations
As the senior Director-Engineering, you will define the path that Snapp Box takes in delivering technology strategy and solutions for our clients, now and in the future. This is a multi-faceted lead role. It is as much about leading as it is about learning and developing your skills and those of the teams around you. Our environment is very flexible, collaborative, and varied in our work - we aim for this to be where you can do your best work.
You will lead our Engineering teams and collaborate with the other Box disciplines to ensure we deliver ground-breaking delivery experiences to our clients. The senior Director-Engineering will play a key part in the growth of the technology development at Box.
You will be responsible for the engineering that powers the experiences and products that we build; if it’s technical, you own it. It breaks down like this:
• Technical leadership - being clear on the direction that technology needs to go in, how it will get there, and what the benefits will be for our clients.
• Stakeholder management - own relationships with our C-Level colleges, becoming a trusted advisor to technical and non-technical groups alike.
• New feature design - work with our product managers and designers to design, scope, and prioritize new features.
• Development and deployment methodology - how do features get planned, built, and deployed? Ensuring we start projects efficiently but with an eye on the long-term lifecycle of an enterprise-grade product.
• Championing Agile best practices, DevOps culture, and Continuous Delivery.
• Lead, coach, and support engineers - work with them to do their best work, helping them along the way.
• Demonstrable experience delivering technical projects from conception to production to growth.
• A comprehensive technical background and experience with a range of modern technologies and architectures.
• Experience working with and championing modern approaches to building innovative products and effective technology teams - such as Agile and Continuous Delivery.
• A contemporary attitude and approach to building innovative products that put user need first.
• The ability to set a project's technical direction and goals, create a productive working environment and support our developers to grow.
• Comfort reflecting on your individual performance and behaviors and, together with feedback from others, actively seek to improve continuously.
• Buckets of positivity and a “can do” attitude.
Don’t worry about being 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.