Senior Network Engineer
About the Team
Data center team is committed to providing an up to date technology infrastructure that is resilient and delivers the performance necessary to meet the demands of a growing Snapp. We are responsible to ensure the whole network and services are secure, operational, and highly available. We identify failures and problems in the network, servers, firewalls, etc.
because data centers run 24 hours per day, we may need to work on the evenings and weekends. We may also need to be on call to work when technical problems occur.
About the Role
As a Senior Network Engineer in Snapp, you will be working on network maintenance, troubleshooting, monitoring, service management, automating the network, implementing security policies, designing and documentation.
- Providing support and perform implementations for our Edge/Core/Platform networks
- Collaborating with colleagues in the network, cloud & datacenter team
- Updating documents, strategies & conventions/templates for our Edge/Core/Platform networks
- Participating in on-call
- 4+ years experience configuring and maintaining production networks
- Experience with designing, troubleshooting, and operating data center networks including L2 switching and L3 routing with OSPF and BGP, VRF, Anycast Routing, VRRP, etc
- Expert level understanding of TCP/IP, IPv4
- Experience with ADC products and L2, L3, L4, L7 LB concepts
- Strong network and performance monitoring skills and knowledge of network capacity planning
- Familiar with security products and firewalls, such as FortiGate, Cisco FP, Iptables
- Comfortable working in Enterprise Linux-based environments, such as Ubuntu, Centos
- Familiar with network automation technologies and coding skills such as Python, Ansible, terraform.
- Excellent collaboration with team and documentation skill
- Having a growth-mindset and being dedicated for improving yourself, the team, and the business
Preferred Qualifications (optional)
- Experience with Linux routing software such as FRR, BIRD, or equivalent
- Familiar with Public and Private Cloud structure
- Acceptable oral and written communication skills in English