Cloud Engineer - Remote
Snapp is the pioneer provider of ride-hailing mobile solutions in Iran that connects smartphone owners in need of a ride to Snapp drivers who use their private cars offering transportation services. We are ambitious, passionate, engaged, and excited about pushing the boundaries of the transportation industry to new frontiers and be the first choice of each user in Iran.
About the Team
- We like open source! We use a lot of open source technologies, and enjoy contributing back when we can
- We like to move fast, develop prototypes, and validate ideas with users quickly
- We are disciplined when it comes to testing changes. We occasionally make mistakes, but we realize the power of saying sorry and being open about mistakes so we can all learn from them and avoid them in the future
- We spend time to train new people who join the team and adjust how we work together via retrospectives
- When it comes to information sharing, we are open by default
If you’re from a programming background, we would like to hear from you as we practice infrastructure-as-code (IaC).
Join us and collaborate with talented and passionate colleagues to ship industry-changing products. We strive for diversity in the workplace and encourage those from underrepresented groups in technology to apply.
About the Role
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer (either junior, mid-level, or senior) to join the Cloud Team at Snapp, reporting to the Cloud Team Lead. This is a unique opportunity to work on bleeding-edge technology for one of Iran's biggest startups. We view other teams at Snapp as customers and we like Jeff Bezos' mentality when it comes to building a customer-centric team: take every single customer and put them at the center of their own universe.
- Develop automation for deploying, scaling, and maintaining the cloud using Ansible and Terraform. We like to automate as much as we can
- Investigate new open-source tools and technologies to add new features to the cloud
- Troubleshoot and fix issues in the cloud. This is fun and challenging as we work with a range of open source technologies including OpenShift Kubernetes Distribution, OpenStack, and Ceph
- Contribute to our documentation, and help train developers on best deployment practices and support them in using the cloud
- Contribute to our runbooks and take part in the on-call rota. We have extensive monitoring and alerting in place
- Comfortable communicating in English as well as Persian
- Experienced with Linux and scripting. Experience with the following is a plus: virtualization, Docker, Kubernetes, Ceph, networking
- Problem-solving, you should be comfortable picking up an issue to follow and find/fix the root cause
- Team player, we work as a team to solve problems, support users, and build new features
- Fast learner, we’re constantly looking for new technologies and tools to improve things