Product Manager (Map)
Snapp is the pioneer provider of ride-hailing mobile solutions in Iran that connects smartphone owners in need of a ride to Snapp drivers who use their private cars offering transportation services. We are ambitious, passionate, engaged, and excited about pushing the boundaries of the transportation industry to new frontiers and be the first choice of each user in Iran.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Manager for our Map tribe. This role will primarily support Map products for all regions and be based in Snapp’s HQ in Tehran.
About the team
On the surface, Snapp’s ride-hailing technology may seem simple: a user requests a ride from the app, and a driver arrives to take their destination. However, behind the scenes, a giant infrastructure consisting of hundreds of services and terabytes of data supports each and every trip on the platform. At the heart of this infrastructure, both map data and services enable the most basic features powering our business.
We offer an opportunity for an experienced and creative Product Manager to take a pivotal role in this effort and join our product team supporting multiple capabilities of business; these include:
- Search/Geocode: enable users to find their desired locations using a query.
- Reverse-Geocode: Translates a Geo-location to a brief human-readable address.
- Tile: the map itself, which is the first thing users see.
- Traffic/Routing: Calculate Traffic and Provide optimal route and ETA between two or more locations on the map road graph.
- Map Data: collect map data from various sources, enrich it, and provide it to the above services.
- Product Strategy: Clearly understand and articulate the product strategy and direction
- Product Validation: Defining MVPs, running design sprints, validating requirements throughout customer feedback and development lifecycle
- Product Development: Work closely with engineers, designers, and data scientists to execute your roadmap and deliver solutions to the market
- Release Planning: Craft key milestones for the product (alpha, beta, GA)
- User Advocacy: Ensuring that the voice of the customer is heard every step of the way (from problem validation to solution validation and release)
- Stakeholder Management: Ensuring internal and external stakeholders have buy-in to the backlog
- Leadership: Leading the team through tough times (managing team conflict, escalating issues as needed)
We’re looking for someone with
- Proven work experience in product management or as a product manager
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements, features and drive the management of product
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent preferred